Under general supervision, performs a variety of administrative duties; creates and maintains reports, records and files required in connection with work processes at the clinics and partner organizations; interacts and coordinates with personnel, physicians, vendors and staff. Provides support to the clinics when needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains central files by designing, organizing and keeping specialized and custom forms, records, reports, files and logs to support the work processes, including invoices, contracts, accounting/billing, correspondence, staffing, licensure, inventories, call schedules, trainings, etc. for the clinics and related partner organizations as requested.
- Coordinates projects as assigned by Administration
- Acts as a resource to ensure updated information is maintained for compliance.
- Designs, maintains and updates spreadsheets or file indexes/cross-reference requiring data for reporting and compliance purposes. This includes removing and archiving inactive records or files for licenses, contracts, policies and other documents for the clinics and related partner organizations.
- Provides administrative support to facilitate the efficient operation of the clinics, and assists with clerical work and phone calls at the clinics when needed.
- Provides support to the customer service program at the clinics by skillfully handling complaints and inquiries from patients or family members as needed.
- Assists with the review and coding of departmental expenses and monitors department budget balances; compiles data and provides other supportand assistance in preparation for annual budget.
- Assists to verify accuracy of timesheets and payroll report; supervises time cards are kept up to date; prepares and types personnel documents and maintains departmental personnel files.
- Following policies and procedures, performs purchasing duties for designated equipment, materials, supplies or services to ensure availability and work flow; obtains and, when assigned, evaluates bids; recommends the award of bids, selecting appropriate vendors and supplies; prepares requisitions and purchase orders. Processes check requests, invoices and payments. Coordinates with vendors and contractors as needed for proposals and evaluation of services.
- Supports the department calendars by scheduling events, appointments, meetings, staff and physicians call schedules and others. Drafts and or types committee agendas, minutes, resolutions and reports; assembles agenda packets, ensures all information is accurate and complete.
- Prepares, types, formats, edits, revises, proofreads, prints and distributes reports, correspondence, memoranda, agreements, agendas, policies, contracts, legal documents, technical charts, tables, educational materials, presentations and other specialized materials ranging from routine to complex according to established guidelines.
- Organizes and prioritizes daily workload by meeting deadlines, locates information, problem solves and contributes to solutions accurately and promptly.
- Processes and prioritize incoming mail and facsimiles for the department.
- Assists with research, development and assembles information from a variety of sources for the completion of specialized forms and reports, implementation of new programs and grants applications/reporting.
- Assists with marketing and community outreach efforts as needed.
- Delivers documents as needed.
- Greets guests/visitors and answers calls as needed.
- Provides support to the Administrative Director of Business Development, Clinics Supervisor and Medical Director as requested.
- Performs other secretarial, administrative support functions and other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), typing skills of 50-60 WMP.
- Strong organizational skills required
- Command of English language, both verbal and written.
- Able to interact professionally with personnel at all levels.
- Basic EMR knowledge for extraction of reports preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare setting preferred.
- Attends appropriate educational programs to stay current in job related skills, and knowledge.
- Maintains confidentiality of departmental information.
- Knowledge of general office functions with excellent secretarial skills.
- Motivated and self-directed with ability to work with minimal supervision and to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Sets a high personal standard for accuracy and timeliness in his/her work.
- Actively contributes to the team effort by volunteering to assist co-workers in time of need.
- Responds promptly and accurately to requests, problems, and questions from those in need of help.
- Demonstrates behaviors based on the eight values of the organization: Caring, Accountability, Patient-Centered, Positive Attitude, Open Communication, Teamwork, Quality Improvement and Innovation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of High School
- Completion of Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Job Type: Full-time