Under general supervision and with the assistance of an Administrative Coordinator, oversees and performs a variety of administrative duties related to Administration, Licensure, Credentialing, Human Resources, Accounting/ Purchasing, Quality/Risk, Contracting, Managed Care, and management of other administrative projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, maintains and updates spreadsheets or file indexes/cross-reference requiring data for reporting, timeliness and compliance purposes. This includes archiving inactive records/files and updating new records/files for licenses, contracts, policies and other documents for the administration, the clinics and related partner organizations.
- Organizes and prioritizes daily workload by meeting deadlines, locates information, problem solves and contributes to solutions accurately and promptly.
- Assists with generating applications and managing status to ensure state/federal programs and licenses are processed and approved on a timely manner. Keeps a log with status and applications binders up to date.
- Maintains central files with up to date documentation for clinical staff credentialing
- Maintains a log to manage expiration’s of licenses and timeliness of submissions
- Responds to requests from external credentialing agencies such as IPAs/health plans and regulatory entities
- Coordinates with professional employer organization (PEO) and other vendors for all human resources related activities such as hiring, terminations, employees leave of absence, vacations and benefits, time and attendance, payroll, job postings/interviews, health reviews and others
- Maintains employed and contracted staff files and logs up to date, including tracking evaluations, licenses, competencies, training’s, disciplinary actions, health reviews and other documentation related to personnel records
- Responsible for new employee orientations, mandated training’s and internal set up and in-service of EMR, Phone, Email, Time & Attendance, and others
Quality Improvement/Risk Management
- Assists with quality reports, such as HEDIS, UDS, MIPS and others related such as OSHPD reporting
- Assists with patient satisfaction reports by collecting, processing and reporting surveys on a quarterly basis
- Assists with the documentation/reports needed for audits preparation and compliance reports submissions
- Assists with processing, logging and reporting incident reports, grievance/complaints and claims for risk management
- Manages policy and procedures, ensuring policies are submitted for approval on a timely manner to appropriate committees and updated in the binders and electronic folder with correct approvals and revisions dates in the headers and master index. Coordinates the distribution or communication of policy updates.
- Maintains and tracks managed care log for contracts signed and credentialing process for providers
- Maintains communication with IPAs/health plans for special requests, supervision of providers panels, credentialing and other related matters
Accounting, Billing, Collections & Purchasing
- Updates and distributes Daily and Monthly Productivity reports
- Processing and filing of invoices, check requests, collection reports, bank deposits, purchasing orders for contracted services, vendors, leases, supplies and other expenses
- Maintains central files/logs for billing and collections from payers and clinics
- Communicates with billing company regarding billing related correspondence, claims denials or insurance updates
- Supervises inventories for supplies and medications
- Assists with the review and coding of departmental expenses and monitors department budget balances; compiles data and provides other support and assistance in preparation for annual budget
- Following policies and procedures, performs purchasing duties for designated equipment, materials, supplies or services to ensure availability and work flow; obtains and, when assigned, evaluates bids; recommends the award of bids, selecting appropriate vendors and supplies; prepares requisitions and purchase orders. Coordinates with vendors and contractors as needed for proposals and evaluation of services.
- Maintains communication with insurance vendors for general liability, malpractice, workers compensation, cyber insurance, and others to ensure coverage is kept up to date and claims are processed timely.
- Maintains a meetings calendar and coordinates the invites, scheduling and blocking of patients schedules for Board of Directors meeting, Quality meeting, Staff meeting, In-services and other events
- Drafts meeting minutes and resolutions for the required meetings
- Assembles agenda packets, ensures all information is accurate and complete for presentations
- Prepares, types, formats, edits, revises, proofreads, prints and distributes reports, correspondence, memoranda, agreements, agendas, policies, contracts, legal documents, technical charts, tables, presentations and other specialized materials ranging from routine to complex according to established guidelines
- Maintains binders and electronic folders for: Corporation profile, licenses and applications, contracts, insurances, policy and procedures, grants, tax returns, meetings, in-service and competencies, accounting and purchasing, and others
- Coordinates Providers On-Call Schedules
- Coordinates with the Call Center and other outside contracted services such as Facilities, IT, Biomed, etc.
- Assists with the development of partnerships with agencies, colleges, health centers, associations for collaborative activities that benefit both organizations
- Coordinates other projects as assigned by Administration
- Assists with Marketing and Community Outreach activities
- Processes and prioritize incoming mail and facsimiles for the organization
- Assists with research, development and assembles information from a variety of sources for the completion of specialized projects, implementation of new programs and grants applications/reporting
- Assists with the coordination events, opening of new clinics and other special activities
- Provides support to the clinics when needed
- Performs other secretarial, administrative support functions and other duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Strong management skills to ensure the timeliness of project completions by staff, vendors, and contracted services
- Strong problem-solving and initiative to resolve pending issues on a timely manner
- Strong organizational skills to ensure all supervised areas are kept under compliance, deadlines and with up to date documentation
- Fast paced, detailed oriented and capable of managing high workload understanding the importance of timeliness and deadlines
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), typing skills of 50-60 WMP.
- Command of English language, both verbal and written to write letters, memorandums, minutes, reports, etc.
- Able to interact professionally with personnel and outside partners at all levels.
- Basic EMR knowledge for extraction of reports preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare setting preferred
- Attends appropriate educational programs to stay current in job related skills, and knowledge.
- Maintains confidentiality of departmental information.
- Knowledge of general office functions with excellent secretarial skills
- Motivated and self-directed with ability to work with minimal supervision and to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Sets a high personal standard for accuracy and timeliness in his/her work
- Actively contributes to the team effort by volunteering to assist co-workers in time of need.
- Responds promptly and accurately to requests, problems, and questions from those in need of help.
- Demonstrates behaviors based on the eight values of the organization: Caring, Accountability, Patient-Centered, Positive Attitude, Open Communication, Teamwork, Quality Improvement and Innovation.
Training, Education, and Licensure
- Completion of High School
- Completion of Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Job Status: FULL-TIME