The Electronic Medical Records (EMR) System Analyst oversees the day-to-day administration and provides support for Administrative, Financial, Clinical, Quality and Operational efficiencies through the EMR system (eClinicalWorks).This position reports to the CIO at Beverly Hospital and Executive Director at BeverlyCare, and provides support to the leadership, management and clinics staff by helping to resolve issues with the eCW platform, as well as integrated systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify EMR system, process, performance, and architectural improvements to support the technical roadmap and business needsin areas such as Administrative, Clinical, Quality, Financial and Operational.
- Build out of robust dashboards that monitor clinical quality, medical cost, quality statistics, key trends, program tracking, and operational performance. The job entails the acquisition, management, manipulation, and analysis of data specific to the clinics; includes patient records, billing, hospital reports, laboratory results, pharmacy data, and other relevant areas.
- Coordinate and assist with the implementation of technology projects including modification of existing applications or installation of new applications in Eclinicalworks to address clinical needs as identified.
- Work closely with others to create formal specifications for both internal and external reporting agencies, and ensure that all reporting is properly specified, documented, tested, implemented, and maintained
- Coordinates with the hospital IT department for any projects that affect network operations
- Support Troubleshoot user errors and provide timely and high-quality customer service
- Continually influences, enhances and improves eClinicalWorks utilization to make the system work more effectively and efficiently for the users
- Work with outside entities with regards to EHR integrations (i.e. immunization, laboratory, HIE) such as Quest, Labcorp, CURES, CAIR2, LANES, etc.
- Attend Eclinicalworks on-going training to stay current on Eclinicalworks features and upcoming enhancements
- Support, analyze and monitor Eclinicalworks processes pertaining to clinical and billing functions, report generation, and data extraction for all clinics
- Coordinates/performs comprehensive testing of all patches and new releases
- Responsible for designing and adhering to all State and Federal guidelines and standards
- Security administration is a key component of the role
- Setup of new clinic sites (new facility, programs, users, interfaces, etc.) and creates/maintains training materials for new hires, on-going staff development and system enhancements.
- Monitors support tickets with Eclinicalworks and serves as primary point of contact for all IT issues and requests relating to the EMR and clinic peripheral systems
- Immediately report any unusual events or problems with applications and/or program operations to supervisor
- Ensure maintenance of clinical program data collection, management and reporting infrastructure for UDS, HEDIS, OSHPD and other external agencies.
- Participates in Management, Staff and Quality meetings as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 2 years of system administration in an Electronic Medical Records system (Eclinicalworks is preferred) and extensive knowledge of workflows in ambulatory settings/FQHC
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations and reporting for HEDIS, UDS, OSHPD, and other regulatory agencies.
- Extensive experience in the following environments: SQL, Access, Excel, and or other statistical packages.
- Knowledge of industry/business hardware/software applications and healthcare interoperability solutions (e.g., Dragon, CAIR2, Microsoft);
- Knowledge of role-based security and HIPAA rules and regulations is essential
- Ability to explain system usage to physicians and other clinicians, as well as senior leadership
- Take complete ownership for the assigned task and provides timely updates on the progress of the project / task to all stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- High degree of professionalism in attitude and teamwork with customers, peers, and management. Strong attention to detail
- Exceptionally strong analytic abilities, with a proven track record of driving insightful findings from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Demonstrates behaviors based on the eight values of the organization: Caring, Accountability, Patient-Centered, Positive Attitude, Open Communication, Teamwork, Quality Improvement and Innovation.
TRAINING, EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Information Systems or related field desired, Bachelors’ Degree preferred.
- Valid California Driver’s License, transportation available to meet job requirements.
STATUS:FULL TIME – TEMPORARY/CONTRACTED