Oversees the day-to-day operational activities of the clinics and responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and monitoring all workflow aspects in accordance with regulatory requirements for the delivery of quality and cost-effective patient care. Works with the Medical Director, physicians and clinical support staff. Reports to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the daily operations of multiple outpatient medical practices with several providers, by providing overall direction and guidance to clinical and front office staff.
- Works closely with health plans, IPAs and other medical group to provide seamless and integrated service to our patients and increase patient volume.
- Direct, establish, upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, and procedures, including reporting tools through effective use of performance metrics.
- Executes operational budgets, capital equipment lists; monitor clinics activity and justify variances when necessary; implement effective tools to improve operational efficiency and control costs, including payroll, ordering of supplies, and inventory.
- Monitors productivity, scheduling and staffing based on volume. Develops recall campaigns to ensure quality and volume goals are met.
- Creates an environment that supports high employee and physician engagement. Strategically selects, on boards, continuously develops, rewards, retains, and provides transparent performance feedback to all staff, leaders, and physicians.
- Ensures that operational staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development, as well as periodic evaluations and reviews. Establishes and monitors assigned staff performance and competencies, assign accountabilities, set objectives, and establish priorities
- Ensures compliance for various accrediting bodies and government agencies such as HRSA, CMS, CDPH, State Programs and health plans and performs all necessary reviews, audits, education, and training to maintain compliant status.
- Oversees reporting and monitoring of organizational performance metrics: In specific, identify, collect, and analyze outcome metrics consistent with the organizations business plan, health services plan, state programs and selected foundation grant-funded programs.
- Determines physical maintenance and equipment needs and repairs and coordinates with internal or external resources. Resolves problems relating to the facilities on a day-to-day basis to ensure the environment support our employee’s engagement and meets our patients’ expectations.
- Coordinates provider schedule and the scheduling of patients. Monitor patient flow and ensure appointment software reflects provider schedule/availability.
- In conjunction with the Medical Director, works to enhance providers efficiency and, when necessary, assist in resolving clinic-related issues.
- Assists with quality metrics such as HEDIS, UDS and other quality initiatives to meet the QI goals and objectives.
- Ensure the clinic maintains a professional facility appearance both indoors and outdoors.
- Provides highest level of patient experience by ensuring data is monitored on a regular basis and staff are constantly exhibiting behaviors and services that our patients expect and deserve. This includes coaching the staff as appropriate to optimize the patient experience.
- Communicates findings, recommendations, and corrective action strategies, if relevant, to the executive management team.
- On a weekly basis, and as needed, reports operational issues, organizational opportunities and issues to the Operations Meeting. Identifies critical issues that require the attention of the Executive Director, and make recommendations for addressing and/or resolving these issues.
- Ensures all PHI information is maintained in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Arranges and facilitates monthly staff meetings to educate and train staff and to improve operational efficiencies.
- Leads the community outreach activities by participating in community events to promote physicians, brand, and services.
- Contributes to the development of community partnerships and enhancement of network with other healthcare agencies and local government to enhance network resources for patients.
- Promotes a culture of risk-managed, patient-centered, values-based, high-performance and continually improving practice that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Performs at least monthly facility reviews to ensure clinic is being maintained properly and meeting all regulatory requirements.
- Identifies best practices and improve internal systems, including the EMR system, with an eye toward future needs and budget realities.
- Ensures that the appropriate controls and revenue management policies, procedures and systems are in place to allow for billing and collection effectiveness, including the review of medical records for compliance and billing requirements.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess knowledge of health care, business, retail, service or hospitality industry.
- Must have proven ability to drive team and individual performance to reach or exceed key performance metrics.
- Minimum one year of Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) experience.
- Knowledge of Eclinicalworks or other EMR data extraction and reporting.
- Experience working with clients or patients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates or Bachelors degree in healthcare administration, public health, business, finance or related field.
- Minimum 3 years experience in healthcare, outpatient clinics preferred.
Job Type: Full-time