The Quality Coordinator/Nurse Coordinator provides oversight of the medical support team, through the implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of quality care delivery and process improvement, accreditation, and patient safety initiatives throughout BeverlyCare. The use of health information technology (electronic health records, patient portal, data extraction and reporting, etc.) will be a major component of the QI program. The Quality Manager reports to the Medical Director as well as the Executive Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsible for the delivery of Nursing Services and continuous quality improvement for the clinic.
- Ensures competencies of nursing personnel.
- Ensures standards of nursing practice upheld in the delivery of care.
- Ensures the clinic is survey ready at all times.
- Develops, implements, and measures outcomes of BeverlyCare’s quality improvement plan in accordance with the strategic goals of the organization, federal and state laws and regulations, and accreditation standards based on the clinic’s needs.
- In collaboration with the all clinics staff, provides ongoing leadership on quality issues including, but not limited to: managing projects and activities for patient safety, performance improvement projects, and accreditation activities and other initiatives.
- Responsible for the collection, analysis, interpretation and reporting of quality data.
- Trains and works closely with management and the staff to ensure that all clinical setup and workflow development is aligned with QI program requirements, goals and objectives.
- In partnership with the Medical Director, facilitates the Quality Improvement Committee: develop meeting agendas and facilitate meetings, advice and assure that quality improvement ideas are carried out and evaluated, and performs requested follow-up duties.
- Oversees developmental opportunities for medical support staff. Develops and implements continuing education programs to meet identified needs.
- Responsible for maintaining quality management documents, case files and correspondence in an organized, confidential and secure manner.
- Analyzes customer survey data and identifies plans for quality improvement as well as review patient experience and incident reports, patient complaints and grievances and report on trends.
- Assists Medical Director with medical staff credentialing and privileges.
- Assists Medical Director with medical staff peer review activities for quality improvement purposes.
- Assists with chart reviews to ensure quality metrics are in compliance with the quality improvement plan.
- Participates in audit preparation and coordination.
- Working in partnership with both the clinical and operations staff, monitors and evaluates the full spectrum of care and services provided to patients for quality, continuous improvement and satisfaction.
- Develop and/or revise annually BeverlyCare QI program, work plan and annual evaluation.
- Actively participates on risk management activities and provides recommendation on prioritization of issues in risk assessment based on level of organizational exposure. Investigate matters related to complaints, grievances and incidents, including conducting internal investigations.
- Assures an incident resulting in patient injury is brought forward to appropriate agencies, when appropriate.
- Develops, plans and implements policies and procedures to support nursing and patient care services.
- Support the ongoing improvements of Electronic Health Records
- Ensures safe environment of care for all staff, patients, and families.
- Ensures delivery of quality nursing care.
- Acts as a patient and staff advocate.
- Ensures that patients have access to the providers and medical support in a timely manner.
- Assures optimal patient referral process for specialty care.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Ensure maintenance of clinical program data collection, management and reporting infrastructure.
- Ensure maintenance of clinic’s data dashboards.
- Compile, monitor and report data related to QI, operations and program evaluation.
- HEDIS, UDS, Meaningful Use, MIPS management.
- Conduct routine reporting for external agencies
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- At least one year of experience in ambulatory or hospital healthcare quality improvement programs
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations regarding quality programs including quality improvement and assurance in a health care setting.
- Understanding of patient safety issues, QI project management knowledge, data analysis and reporting, and quality improvement skills.
- Excellent communication skills to present updates of projects to senior leadership and Board of Directors.
- Statistical analysis, data display, trending using Excel or similar program.
- Ability to lead inter-disciplinary work groups.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Access, data entry, and use of business email
- Demonstrates behaviors based on the eight values of the organization: Caring, Accountability, Patient-Centered, Positive Attitude, Open Communication, Teamwork, Quality Improvement and Innovation.
Training, Education, and Licensure
- Completion of accredited Registered Nursing Program
- Current valid RN License and BLS certification
- Valid California Driver’s License, transportation available to meet job requirements.