The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for performing accounting responsibilities including but not limited to AP/AR, purchase orders, reporting and general support of the Finance and Administrative Departments at BeverlyCare.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform the day-to-day processing of accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions
· Request and review W-9 forms from new vendors.
· Accurately enter all approved vendor invoices into QuickBooks or similar software, paying attention to details such as vendor name, invoice date, due date, amount, GL code and description.
· Assist with completion of monthly closes and the preparation of monthly/quarterly Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss statements.
· Provide financial support and monthly analysis to various departments.
· Support accounting day-to-day activities and complete special projects in an accurate and timely manner, as assigned.
· Provide other accounting support as needed
· Run check register and post AP in general ledger
· Prepare bank deposits and apply payments against customer invoices
· Responsible for journal entries for month end accruals and for month end reversing accruals for prior month
· Assist Senior Accountant for monthly and year end requirements
· Manage and process internal expense reports
· Manage vendor inquiries through multiple communication touch points
· Address invoice defects to ensure suppliers/vendors are paid accurately and timely
· Coordinate all vendor relationships ensuring scope of service is delivered on time
· Coordinate day to day office administration tasks (i.e. mail, supplies orders, POs, etc.)
· Ensure all shared spaces are organized and maintained in accordance with established standard work
· Provide office support for the Leadership & Management Team
· Assist in overseeing the coordination and execution of special projects under the direction of leadership team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Associates Degree from a 2-year college + experience in AP/AR
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business is preferred
· Working knowledge of AP/AR
· Proven ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and written
· Experienced in MS Office and specifically Excel
· Strong attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to multi task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
· Demonstrated problem solving skills, as well as continuous improvement skills