Provide the full scope of primary and specialty care services which fall under his/her field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to patients. Work with the goals and objectives of BeverlyCare in collaboration with the team in order to achieve them. They must be cognizant of, and comply with, all BeverlyCare policies and procedures, as well as pertinent state and federal regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine patients, take medical history, record results and make a preliminary diagnosis or decision on follow-up procedures;
- Administer or order diagnostic tests and interpret test results;
- Perform preventive and therapeutic procedures and surgeries;
- Exercise professional judgment regarding consultation with the medical director concerning appropriate treatment;
- Develop and implement patient care plans, instruct and counsel patients, and record progress;
- Prescribe medications to the extent allowable by state guidelines and clinic regulations;
- Provide general health education regarding matters such as proper diet, family planning, emotional problems of daily living and health maintenance;
- Provide in-house specialty consultations and services (e.g., psychiatric services) for patients;
- Take charge of “code” situations, initiate cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and advanced cardiac life support as appropriate;
- Prescreen cases requiring review by the Medical Director;
- Participate in staff meetings, planning meetings and other meetings, as needed.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of principles and practices of modem medicine related to public health services and general knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to public health;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong organizational, detail and interpersonal skills;
- Some computer skills and knowledge, including word processing, medical database operations and spreadsheets;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with men and women of diverse races, ethnicities, ages and sexual orientations in a multicultural environment.
Training, Education, and Licensure
- Current license to practice medicine in California;
- Board-certified or board-eligible in specialty;